Eager to embark on your next trip? Itchy to leave your comfort zone and go beyond the boundaries of what you already know?
Instead of visiting an off-the-beaten-track destination, why not considering traveling alone? Yes, sound scary and it is…at first.
But if you have the courage to try it, you may find out that you have chosen the best travel companion, the one you are stuck with for a lifetime – yourself. Still lacking inspiration? Here`re five quotes to help you find it:
1. “Some journeys can only be traveled alone.” – Kein Poirot
Ever had a journey like that? A trip (somewhere in the world or better inwards) that`s so intimate and important to you that you couldn`t share it with anybody else? Then, you know what Poirot means.
2. “I am never happier than when I am alone in a foreign city; it is as if I had become invisible.” – Storm Jameson
Ever wanted to become invisible? To leave everything behind and feel the cool air on your face. Follow Jameson`s advice and tell us how it feels.
IMAGE: Daniel H. Tong. Unsplash.
3. “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready.” – Henry David Thorou
Sounds logical? What`s stopping you to challenge your own perceptions starting from today?
IMAGE: David Marcu. Unsplash.
4. “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
Seems like that even if you travel alone, you`ll never be lonely. Perhaps, that would give you the rare chance to connect with the locals, to share their dreams, life, and perceptions, even for a short period of time. Don`t miss the chance to meet your new friends who will stay in your heart forever.
IMAGE: Ali Yahya. Unsplash.
5. “Not I, nor anyone else, can travel that road for you. You must travel it yourself” – Walt Whitman
We are ending with a beautiful quote by Whitman that reminds us that we can`t escape from ourselves. The smarter thing to do is to embrace the journey and travel it alone, fully experiencing all of its ups and downs with an open heart.
IMAGE: Carlos Hevia. Unsplash.
Happy solo traveling! Hope we meet in between! 🙂