How much money do you make? If you want to earn better-than-average revenues, it is high time to start learning from the experts. A good sales book can definitely help you become a better leader and salesperson.
However, picking the right sales book might be a daunting task, considering the vast amount of reads available on the market. But don`t worry – we`ve got you covered. Check out our list of best-selling classics that every salesperson needs to read:
1. Selling to the C-Suite: What Every Executive Wants You to Know About Successfully Selling to the Top
What is the goal of every salesperson? To get access to senior client executives, or the C-level decision makers responsible for approving top-dollar deals.
In this book, authors Nicholas Read and Stephen Bistritz focus on the executive`s perspectives. Their insights come from extensive research projects, in which Read and Bistritz asked C-level executives about their relationships with salespeople. Surveying people in more than 500 companies and government bodies, the book provides field-tested techniques to make million-dollar sales.
2. How to Win Friends and Influence People
If you are looking for a total best-selling star, this is the book for you. Written by the tremendously popular Dale Carnegie, this book teaches people how to change their lives for the better.
As Carnegie first wrote in 1936, if everyone practiced the lessons in his book, the world would be a better place. Some of the author’s lessons read as follows:
- “Become genuinely interested in other people”
- “Begin in a friendly way”
- “Praise every improvement”
It seems like revising Carnegie’s classic is totally recommended, if you wish to improve yourself and the way your business performs.
3. New Sales. Simplified.: The Essential Handbook for Prospecting and New Business Development
“If you read this book, I have no doubt you will be a better salesperson afterward.”, as Mark Hunter from TheSaleshunter.com writes in a review.
The best-selling author and coach Mike Weinberg claims that the lifeblood of each business is a constant flow of new accounts. According to him, the book will teach you how to:
- Identify a strategic, finite, workable list of genuine prospects
- Draft a compelling, customer-focused “sales story”
- Perfect the proactive telephone call to get face-to-face with more prospects
- Use email, voicemail, and social media to your advantage
- Overcome—even prevent—every buyer’s anti-salesperson reflex
- Build rapport, because people buy from people they like and trust
4. Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
Written by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz, this book teaches a very important lesson – how to become the person you want to be. And as the ratings show, the authors managed to craft a useful read for all the people who want to succeed in what they do.
The fictional character named Eric wakes up 10 years ahead of time and meets a future version of himself. But how is it even possible? The future self comes into existence once the old self manages to overcome his fear of failure. Most importantly, Eric and the readers are about to learn:
- What it takes to outperform 92% of the world’s salespeople
- That failing and being a “failure” are two very different things
- Why it’s important to celebrate success and failure
- The five failure levels and how to progress through them
- How to get past failures quickly and then move on
- That the most empowering word in the world is not yes… it’s NO!
Bottom line: Don`t go for No! Say Yes to this book!
5. The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation
Seeking to learn the secret to sales success? This book can give you some answers.
The authors Matthew Dixon, Brent Adamson, and their colleagues at Corporate Executive Board set out to study the skills, behaviors, knowledge, and attitudes that contribute to high performance.
Based on their extensive research of thousands of sales reps across different geographical locations, The Challenger Sale argues that the classic relationship building approach is not effective enough. By contrast, the authors make a point that sales messages must respond to customers` specific needs and objectives.
So, why don`t you challenge what you already know? Most Amazon`s reviewers agree that the book is a must-read for every salesperson who wants to gain new insights.
That is our selection of insightful books that every salesperson should read. Feel free to comment and share your favorite reads. And, let the reading begin!
BoomSEO is a helpful tool for your digital marketing.
BoomSEO is a search engine optimization (SEO) platform that constantly monitors your website's performance and gives you tips and guidance on how to improve your position in Google, Bing, Yahoo and Yandex.